Friday, September 18, 2009

What i had for breakfast

I had vowed to myself that this would not be a "what I had for breakfast" kind of a blog. That it would be something with literary merit. Yes, well, so much for that. I din't have any breakfast. Hardly ever have breakfast although I did buy a box of some maple crunch thing at Greenlife, all-natural-all-the-time kind of stuff, tasty, actually, lots of carbs. I did have some for a couple of breakfasts but also as late night snacks. Once upon a time in my life, I ate a blended concoction of almonds, frozen bananas, whatever other kind of fruit I might have around - usually apples, but could be strawberries, blueberries . . . - and enough juice so it would blend. Has to be a sweet juice, orange or apple, mango blueberry worked. Grapefruit juice didn't. I return to that sporadically, even keep a supple of frozen bananas going. But, you know, it takes time. I'd rather be writing in the morning.

Followers - both of you - might note that I didn't write this a.m. I did work on novel 2 (working title "Marijuana Murders"). My plan was I was going to get up and going early and get to work early so I could get six hours in and be off by mid-afternoon. Not. I am having the Asheville Mysterians - our little group of mystery writers in town - read it. So I am spiffing up the next two chapter for our next meeting.

OK. Enough of this. Here's the BIG news. My editor has finished reading THE BOOK - that would be Deadly Dancing for those of you who haven't been paying attention. We are meeting this upcoming Thursday. I'm very excited. There will be more work to do, of course, and then comes the very serious business of selling the thing. It will happen.

I came home very tired after work, a couple hours later than I hoped I would, and couldn't decide between a Gin and Tonic or a Martini. Figured I could have a second G&T but two martinis would put me to sleep. And the new New Yorker came, so I will want to read it. And maybe watch an episode or two of Weeds, a show to which my elder daughter turned me on. It was like crack, habit forming from the first exposure.

Friday night, raining in the city. Leaves are beginning to accumulate in the gutters. The gloom gathers. A night to hunker down.

May you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment